Carbon monoxide expert , we have been engaged in the field of security for more than ten years. Now we will share experience and personal opinions with readers by writing articles, hoping to help readers.

Table of Contents

The top three causes of carbon monoxide in the home

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn

There are several main factors that can cause carbon monoxide to be produced in the home. One of the most common causes is faulty or malfunctioning appliances, such as furnaces, water heaters, and stoves. If these appliances aren’t working properly, they can produce carbon monoxide gas which can then spread throughout the home. Another common cause of carbon monoxide poisoning is improper use of charcoal grills or propane tanks indoors. This can happen when people try to heat their homes with a charcoal grill or use a propane tank to cook food. Lastly, blocked chimneys or vents can also lead to carbon monoxide buildup in the home. If there isn’t proper ventilation, the gas can build up and cause poisoning.Be aware of the following major factors that can lead to carbon monoxide build-up, and take steps to take precautions at home.

Heating Equipment

As the weather gets colder, most homes turn on the heater for heating. If you only heat a local space, then it’s not a problem; if you want to heat the whole house, you need to open multiple heaters or even stoves, which can easily generate carbon monoxide. In addition, turning on multiple high-power devices at the same time can easily lead to wires short circuit due to overload, which is very dangerous.

Therefore, it is necessary to install carbon monoxide detectors in the vicinity of heating equipment in the home to monitor carbon monoxide leakage. At the same time, every six months, a professional master should be invited to check the condition of the heater. Regular battery checks are also required for carbon monoxide detectors near heaters.

Cooking

The kitchen is also the main place where carbon monoxide is generated, because during the cooking process, the fire will generate a little carbon monoxide when the bottom of the pot is burned. If you do not open the windows for ventilation or install a range hood when you use the kitchen, then you have a high probability of fainting in the kitchen. Therefore, it is very necessary to install a range hood in the kitchen. At the same time, it is best not to be alone in the kitchen, so as not to be found in time after fainting.

Ventilation

Lack of air circulation is mainly caused by closed windows, faulty exhaust systems, and blocked vents. Open windows for ventilation when using the kitchen and during the day, and leave a small gap at night. Exhaust systems and vents should be checked regularly by a professional repairman, preferably every six months. Also, it is best not to barbecue indoors. Barbecue will generate a lot of gas in a short time, including carbon monoxide. Even if the window is opened for ventilation, it is not enough to quickly exhaust the gas outside.

Get up to our New updates